Sunday, September 16, 2007

2nd Thesis Group Meeting 14-09-07

We met with Joe again. Was alarming as usual and very interesting as well.

We went over the timeline, which is scary, but needs to be a motivation! I made my editable version on my documets thingy.

We talked about concept<->Process<->product relationship (hint: non linear :)).
The Final Proposal needs to include:
*What = concept
*Why = motivation - context
*Product = final output
*How = process to achieve output (includes the medium and the method)

Joe showed us Cmap, and we talked a little about concept mapping, to be followed up next week. I tried to download it to work with it, it's not working out so far.

I asked Joe for advice about choosing a Thesis Adviser. I thought of Chomsky, but I doubt that's gonna happen, so I started looking at PHD students in New York, of all Universities. I'll put a separate post with my findings later on. My self-deadline for Emailing someone is Sunday night.

Other things that came up:
Artflex: an online lexicon, recommended by Joe
Next week is the first round of presentation, and the dummy that I am, no project and all that, I volunteered to present. Whatever!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home