Thursday, July 26, 2007

Meeting with Ze'ev Klorfeld

SO there was saved post, but there isn't anymore.. so let's see what I remember:
So we talked about how the perception of everything, no just art, is switching around along the times from "generic->particular" to "particular->generic" and back. I'm writing all this in a very generic way cause Ze'ev is very hard to follow and it's been over a month!

He talked a lot about the effects it had on genetic research. In his class (hey, 3 years is a long time, and I don't have the notes!) he talked about visual culture effects too.

He mentioned Guy Deutcher's book (which I actually bought that day right before and am finding pretty soon, need to write a post about it) to discuss the origins of language (it's not quite about that, but maybe more towards the end, he'll get there)

Also he recommended reading a guy named Lakoff..I need to get on to that.

I wish I'd recorded that conversation. Party-time advising is the best. And I feel I missed a lot of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home