Thursday, March 09, 2006

first "ToDo" list- working with Hila Dar

  1. Interaction (General) >>> First priority
    1. Flow (PPT) I will get back with comments referring the flow
      1. Moving in the room
      2. Keyboard I found mistakes in this part- will re-do and send over the weekend
      3. Handles small mistake here too.
    2. Block diagram – should be a sketch. let me know if you need help. Should I basically look at what you sketched out and bring it to precision? Yes. specify all elements.
    3. A list of all the interactions. Either text in Excel, or as I suggested in the note: a diagram for EACH interaction, in each diagram a symbol for every aspect (user, character, character room, space light & sound, cube). let me know if you need help.Did you ever look up that "state chart" bussiness? it might be what I need. I checked, it is more for spftware. i also asked arnon and he is not sure in what contex it came up. try to do this for 2-3 interactions and see if it helps you.

  1. Video + Post >>> you can wait for the interaction docs. In the mean time only find a team
    1. Script - good structure. start entering what you have. I think I need to get help (even online refs) on how to plan this interactive script...I'm not sure how to build it (It's bigger than the stuff I've handled so far) I'll give it a try, but if you have stuff to send me about it it might help. Sure, I will. leave it for now.
  2. Plastic + Art >>> parallel to the rest
    1. Cube Look & Feel. You should begin adding sketches/images forCube (at least the size, materials)
    2. Mechanical Handles - size, materials, look & feel
    3. Keyboard look & feel - why is it a problem? I'm just not sure how to approach it. I'll start taking apart an old keyboard I have at home, see what's the possibilities. don't take it apart. i can show you what's inside. stay on the outside - look & feel only. not functionality. sketch/bring photos from the web/movies. OK. I won't take anything apart :(
    4. The space (the room where the user will be) – specify what size/height/color.
    5. The space (the room where the character is) – specify look & Feel, what it contains
    6. i'm thinking of an idea... I need to investigate more into it. maybe the video will be taken with a sort of bluescreen method and the character will be planet in a photorealistic designed 3d rendered space (maybe it'll have better results in maybe less time)?
    7. List of materials and equipment - start listing
  1. Programing + Tech --> i think your "interaction" excel is really here what do you mean?. I think you should seperate interaction from tech, the interaction excel sheet you have is more tech. makes sense? Is this like number 3 in interaction >>> you can wait for the interaction docs
    1. Programing:

      1. Keyboard dialog programming:
        1. Auto complete + AI - I will send you an example for this
      1. Physical:
        1. Keyboard functionality (any different than a regular keyboard)?so far same as a normal one- do I need to specify?
        1. Handles Functionality (for example, moves up & down.. )
        1. Sensors (in case you will want to add some) - I will send you bookmarks
      1. Motion Tracking - create a sketch of the room with the zones marked on it.

Yo

·

· The meeting with Shy (the programmer) went very well, he is interested in the project and has pretty good ideas. I told him that probably by the end of next week I will have a better idea of the extent of work needed.


·

·



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home