Friday, December 09, 2005

Organizing my thoughts. Only read if you read the "BOX" post first.

After meeting with Hila Dar, I now have a good partition of themes to ponder about and work through. I have several lists of problems, missions and challenges to think about and test...
This is very good, since now I can work through this bit by bit.
List of questions:
1*I have to define for myself- what do I want the user thinking when going out of the room.
2*How do I make the interactive videos work as a smooth video?
3*Do I want to use a regular letter based keyboard or custom make a pre-set one?
4*How am I going to make the cube?
5*Do I want to use "Alice" to feed in the verbal reactions.
6*What is the story with the character? Is there one character? Is there one story?
7*What are my handles going to be like? What are they going to do?
8*Do I put hints in the design to the fact the user is not an outside viewer but is also being
watched and tested?
9*Is there an ending?
Some beginnings for answers:
1*I think I want the user to be wierded out. I want the user to leave with frustration and a
flustered feeling, the kind that doesn't let go of you for a while, because something is
definitely wrong there. Amomnet before the user forgets all about it, I want them to realise
that as well as watching the prisoner, they were also watched and their reactions were also
tested.
2*The only Idea I have write now is to make the whole thing with interruptions. Statics in the
video all along, and not just in the connecting points.
3*I don't know yet.
4*I don't know yet.
5*Well, I still need to check it out, But it seems like a good idea, given I can limit "Alice"s
answers to certain themes only (no chit chat style convos).
6*The character gives the impression of being a victim, a naive, innocent victim. At this point I
don't think it is. I think the character is locked up that way for a damn good reason. I think it
did something terrible, but will never admit to it. It want to get out, and will manipulate anyone
that goes near it to help it out.
7*Well- that's a good question. Functionality wise there are a few things I want: (a) a handle to
control the temprature. (b) a handle to control a tiny trap door. (c) a handle that controls a limb
(probably an arm) of the character. (d) a handle that does nothing at all (maybe a microphone
shaped....). Regarding the design...I don't know.
8*I think I will. Hila suggested to hint about it at the entry- designing the door as a door to an
asylum booth.
9*I think there will be. I think it'll be time based, so at a sertain point the connetion just
terminates, no matter how far the user had gotten to go on the dialogue. I think I'll randomize
it, but I'm not sure.
Missions:
2*Test the video and the interruption effect.
3*Decide on the interactivity limits- how much can it really be the user's choice?
4*Look for solutions. LCDs? Screening?
5*Investigate the options in "Alice".
6*Try doing a stanislavsky style research on the character.
***Make a flow chart. The better it'll be, the easier time I'll have to point out the problematic
issues.***
Hila also told me about the show "LOST" apparently it's just like cube, only on an island.Hmmm.
Thats all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home